Golden Arrow Coaches has been in continuous service throughout Western Canada for over 30 years. We are a leading motor coach company in this area, with a modern fleet of about 40 coaches and complete maintenance facilities.
Being based in Edmonton provides us with opportunities to travel to many extraordinary destinations. With easy access to the Canadian Rockies, to British Columbia, to the Yukon and Alaska, and to the U.S Pacific Northwest, we are ideally located for many tour needs.
It is well known that the people who are attracted to this career truly enjoy working with people. All of our drivers are "people" people. As one of our professional coach operators, you will be interacting with people from Canada and around the world at many levels.
There is much to challenge one and to master in a career like this. Our country is diverse, and few experience the breadth and depth of its diversity like one of us. The rewards are many for those who choose to join our team. We offer competitive wages and invest in our people.
At Golden Arrow, our operators travel throughout North America, primarily in the western regions. As a professional coach operator, you will be capable of handling the equipment consistently within a generous envelope of comfort and safety. Delivering a smooth ride with confidence in any terrain is of importance to us.
Each of our motor coach operators posesses an Alberta Class 2 commercial operators license with its attendant medical reporting requirements. Each has completed the American written examination, under supervision, in accordance of part 391.35 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations. Each participates in ongoing company training initiatives and becomes familiar with the legal framework governing transportation workers in Canada. Each must meet the security requirements for transiting between Canada and the United States.
We seek the best of the best. Those with talent, motivation, and related experience (like transit) may find a start, those with depth of experience may find new & rewarding experiences waiting.
There is no better time than now to inquire about this opportunity
Our principal business involves school transportation in the greater Edmonton area. Our buses are also available for charterand are used for transportation by various schools and groups for a wide range of events.
It is our goal to provide a top quality service for our clients at reasonable rates. We have over 400 school buses available for school runs, short & medium term charters, and longer term lease. In another operating division we have over 40 luxury motor coaches available for charter, ensuring that we can meet all of your land based transportation needs
It is well known that the people who are attracted to this career truly enjoy working with people. All of our drivers are "people" people. They will make every effort to see to the safety and enjoyment of their passengers.
With over 400 school buses we are always looking for energetic and capable people to join our team. This career can be attractive to meet the needs of a variety of people. It can be part time - perhaps a kindergarten or school run in the morning and/or afternoon, to full time school and charter drivers.
We are looking to hire Motor Coach Industrial Camp Shuttle drivers.
If you have a clean driver’s abstract, enjoy driving and working with the public, are neat in appearance, presentable and friendly, please see job description below.
- Drive company shuttle buses to transport workers from camp to worksite
- Complete required paperwork such as log sheets, dispatch sheets, DVIRS, FLRAs
- Notify dispatchers or company mechanics of vehicle problems
- Operate all company equipment needed to communicate with company dispatchers such as radio, in order to receive information, updates and passenger locations
- Demonstrate behaviours consistent with the company’s vision, mission, and values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and suppliers
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety standards
- Maintain a clean, fueled and safe bus
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience and Knowledge:
- Shuttle drivers require minimum 3 to 5 years’ motor coach experience and also a combination of 5 years’ heavy haul trucking with bus driving experience would be eligible for the position
- Valid class 2 license with air brakes or class 1 and clean driving record
- OSSA and CSTS certificate is required
- First Aid preferred
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate in English (written and oral)
- Camp accommodations with meals
- 14/7 rotation with split shift with early and late hours
- Fly in and Fly out service from Edmonton and Calgary
This job is located in Fort McMurray region, AB. Competitive wages are paid and benefits offered after 3 months through union plan. Drug and Alcohol testing and a Criminal Record Check is performed during the hiring process.
Please apply today.