Goway Travel is a privately owned family business that has been growing for over 40 years. We value our staff; we are not subject to the restrictions and changes that occur in many foreign owned travel organizations; we are financially viable and employ strict financial controls to ensure customer, supplier and company funds are protected.
We offer an excellent incentive package. Our packages offers a base annual salary plus uncapped bonuses and earning potential!
The opportunity is here!
Goway Travel has humble beginnings. Founder Bruce Hodge started the company in his apartment in 1970, and it has grown into a bustling organization with over 250 employees. Today, we are one of North America’s leading travel companies with offices around the world sending Globetrotters to over 100 exotic destinations in Asia, Africa, Europe, Central and South America, and Australia and the South Pacific. With growth comes expansion and the need for proven professionals to join the Goway team and help make the dreams of world travellers come true.
As one of two receptionists in our Toronto office, you will be supporting the sales, support and management teams.
Position Title: Receptionist
Reporting to: General Manager Operations
- Properly greeting all visitors
- Answering email inquiries while maintaining a professional and friendly service
- Managing incoming phone calls and efficiently transferring to individual queues
- Admin. duties such as filing, scanning and photocopying
- Ensuring office supplies are fully stocked
- Maintaining cleanliness of reception areas
- Maintaining regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, and personal appearance
- Ensuring brochure racks are filled with current brochures
- Prepare Toronto FedEx & log waybill into company recording system
- Prepare Xpress post & other courier packages throughout the day
- Record all agent courier waybill info to Courier Report file
- Contact Building Maintenance Department should issues arise
- Distribute faxes and emails throughout the day
- Prepare documents sent from Eastern Canada
- Additional administrative duties may be required based on individual cases
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 1-3 years of relevant experience working in a fast paced environment, providing a high degree of customer service;
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written;
- Exhibits professionalism, flexibility and excellent communication skills;
- Handle and resolve all matters with confidentiality
- Self-starter who demonstrates attention to detail, a high level of accountability and sound judgement;
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment and complete tasks from start to finish;
- Works well under pressure and demonstrates a sense of urgency in completing time sensitive tasks;
- Demonstrates effective organizational, multitasking and problem solving abilities;
- Strong computer skills and experience in working with VOIP (telephone systems)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
The Strong Foundations of a Career with Goway:
- A passion for travel in business and life. Whether you are hiking mountain trails or helping others fulfill their travel dreams, you thrive off exploring and sharing the world with others,
- An entrepreneurial drive. You have the motivation, attitude and tools to accomplish tasks proactively and are motivated by reaching personal and professional goals.
- A love of service. You know that nothing is more satisfying than creating an amazing customer service experience.
- An appetite for knowledge. You are always hungry to learn more about your job.
- A technical mind. You are invigorated by discovering new methods and using the best technologies to get the job done.
The Goway Advantage:
Goway Travel is a family company. We are as efficient as the largest corporations, but pride ourselves on our community atmosphere. Goway encourages inclusiveness, discovery, and innovation. We believe in giving back to the community around us with initiatives like Volunteer Days and coming together for social events.
We offer a competitive salary, paid personal days, and ongoing training to ensure you stay up-to-date on the industry’s best practices and procedures. You will also be supplied with a comprehensive health benefits package, opportunities for discounted worldwide travel, and the chance to move up with the company and work with teams in different locations. Some staff members started as student interns and have become some of the top sellers in the company At Goway; we love to reward the best.
How to Join the Team:
If you want to be part of creating amazing trips for dedicated customers and work alongside supportive and knowledgeable staff, we encourage you to apply to Goway today and help us deliver the world to the Globetrotters in our midst.
All candidates will be afforded equal opportunity through the recruiting process. Please be advised only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Let’s grow together. Apply to Goway today.