With more than 40 years of business success, Allwest is now positioning itself for the future. Allwest, a small, “boutique sized”, company that is flexible and entrepreneurial; offers a fun, friendly, positive work environment where work-life balance is a reality, not a slogan. As a leader in the commercial furniture, movable walls, and window coverings industry, Allwest puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Creating an effective workspace is more than just finding places to put the desks and chairs; it’s about changing the way people work to improve business efficiency. Our focus is on people and relationships. It’s about what the customer wants, what they need, and how we can help them achieve it.
We care about their people, the environment and the community and is looking for a talented and energetic Health, Safety and Facilities Coordinator who shares their values, vision and passion for growth and fabulous office interiors.
As our Health, Safety, and Facilities Coordinator, your main responsibilities:
- Within your Health and Safety Coordinator role are to:
- Plan, implement, coordinate and promote health and safety programs to prevent or correct unsafe work conditions, ensure regulatory compliance, and create industry-leading health and safety practice;
- Effectively implement health and safety strategy and policy within the organization and at all worksites through directing, supporting, and consulting with all employees and the leadership team;
- Serve as an expert resource and a catalyst to promote and maintain a positive safety culture, which is a key competitive differentiator in the marketplace.
- Within your Facilities Coordinator role are to:
- Manage service and maintenance activities related to the safe and efficient operations of facilities and vehicle fleet to help ensure a productive and efficient work environment.
As the successful candidate for this position, you will bring your:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Health and Safety operational leadership role, with a demonstrated record of success;
- Completion of a post-secondary degree/diploma in health and safety or related discipline;
- Experience and qualifications within COR as an auditor and administrator;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience coaching and leading small teams within an operations setting is required with demonstrated ability to establish and lead high-performance teams and culture;
- Proactive, consultative, and participatory leadership style;
- Attentiveness to details and ability to manage a diverse workload within a fast-paced environment with changing multiple priorities and frequent interruptions;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with all key internal and external stakeholders;
- Proficiency in MS Office; strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Valid driver’s license and clean criminal records check;
- Prior Facilities and/or Fleet management experience, which are preferred assets;
- Commercial furnishing industry experience is considered an asset;
- Change management, lean and continuous improvement training are additional assets;
If you’re looking for career growth, a dynamic and established company, a collaborative approach, entrepreneurial spirit, and the encouragement and tools to be successful, then we want to hear from you. So send us your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations.