With more than 40 years of business success, Allwest is now positioning itself for the future. Allwest, a small, “boutique sized”, company that is flexible and entrepreneurial; offers a fun, friendly, positive work environment where work-life balance is a reality, not a slogan. As a leader in the commercial furniture, movable walls, and window coverings industry, Allwest puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Creating an effective workspace is more than just finding places to put the desks and chairs; it’s about changing the way people work to improve business efficiency. Our focus is on people and relationships. It’s about what the customer wants, what they need, and how we can help them achieve it.
We care about their people, the environment and the community and is looking for a talented Designer/Furniture Specifier who shares their values, vision and passion for growth and fabulous office interiors.
As Designer/Furniture Specifier, you are responsible for drawing, specifying and planning various projects and working with sales consultants and other key stakeholders on various levels of a project. The designer/furniture specifier brings vast knowledge of several product lines and will create lists and drawings based on the requirements of the client.
As the successful candidate for this position, you will bring your:
- Post-secondary education with a background in design;
- Strong computer-based skills in MS Office Suite and AutoCAD, which are required;
- Excellent organizational, presentation and verbal communication skills;
- Detail oriented, good mathematical ability, and able to work unsupervised while meeting multiple deadlines;
- Able to work in a fast paced, high demand environment; as well as the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of CAP Studio, Worksheet, CET Designer, Visual Impressions, Photoshop, and Sketch Up which are all strong assets.
If you’re looking for career growth, a dynamic and established company, a collaborative approach, entrepreneurial spirit, and the encouragement and tools to be successful, then we want to hear from you. So send us your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations.